Our ethos is all about ‘Living in Harmony’ and we are very conscious of our duty to help protect the planet that we live on. Living a more sustainable life has become a very important part of our every day lives. To this extent we have undertaken several initiatives towards this goal, including:
- Solar energy for heating hot water.
- We are a selected partner with Tesla and have Tesla vehicle and other electronic vehicle charging stations to help contribute to the pursuit of sustainable driving.
- All electric lightbulbs throughout the property have been changed to LED to reduce energy consumption.
- Organic vegetable garden using no chemicals or pesticides.
- Recycling rain-water into our lake for irrigating the lawns and organic veggie garden.
- Ongoing reduction of single use plastic.
- Re-cycling glass, paper products and plastic.
- Use of fair-trade organic coffee with recyclable and compostable capsules.
- Eco-friendly bathroom amenities not tested on animals, supplied in single use dispensers, not in small plastic disposable bottles.
- 90% of our food products sourced within 35km radius to support local suppliers and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Use of organic enzymes to breakdown food and human waste in our septic tanks.
- Ongoing reduction of chlorine based products.
- Our Yoga Studio is made from upcycled old office containers, cladded with cork from the most “Green” and sustainable trees in the world.
- CSR: We support a local co-operative using their sustainably produced jams (Alma da Nossa Gente).
- We educate our employees about eco-friendly behaviour including energy saving and environmental sustainability.
- We upcycle and recycle many of our pieces of furniture and decorative items.